Thai Permanent Residency applications are processed by the Royal Thai Immigration Commission; its application period is from October to the end of December of every year.
In order to apply to become a Thai Permanent Resident, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must have had a Thai non-immigrant visa for at least three years prior to the submission of your application. Holders of multiple NON-Immigrant visas can not apply. You must have 3 consecutive yearly extensions in order to qualify.
- You must be a holder of a non-immigrant visa at the time of submitting your application.
- You must be able to meet one of these categories to apply for PR status in Thailand:
- Investment category (minimum 3 – 10 Mil. Baht investment in Thailand)
- Working/ Business category
- Support a family or Humanity Reasons category: In this category, you must have a relationship with a Thai citizen or an alien who already posses a residence permit as a husband or wife; father or mother; or a guardian of a Thai child under 20 years of age.
- Expert / academic category
- Other categories as determined by Thai Immigration
The Residency Permit itself never expires unless revoked.